💚 Campaign Packs: Arts, Messaging and Actions Resources

Passers-by are taking a tear-off copy of XR URL
:xr: :boom:

2 Likes

Hey Chris, here is the source file:

lost-missingclimatereporting.docx (117.3 KB)

This flier can be changed to bring attention to lots of issues, eg:

• Missing :koala: habitat due to logging;
  • Missing various plants and animals that have become extinct (this is how it is used in the UK);
  • Missing investment in renewables;
  • Missing democratic processes (I challenge you to find a picture for that! :nerd_face: But it could be awesome for making a call to action for Citizen’s Assemblies).

Change the picture and the wording to suit the topic :scissors: :thinking:
Keep it brief so it fits on one page; remember the call to action at the end. :trumpet: :drum:

5 Likes

Hi - I have a divestment song
I have tweaked a few words to make it relevant to Banks.

Divest your Bank (TUNE: Pack Up your Troubles)

Divest your Bank, from the old Coal Mine
And smile, smile, smile
Divest your Bank from the old Coal Mine
‘Cos fossil fuels are vile
What’s the use of profiting
No future in denial
So – Divest your Bank from the old Coal Mine
and Smile smile smile!

Divest your bank from that Coal Seam Gas
And smile, smile, smile
Divest your bank from that Coal Seam Gas
What’s the use of mortgaging
If you’re building on denial
So – divest your Bank from that Coal Seam Gas
And smile smile smile

Invest your money with your kids in mind
And Smile smile smile
What’s the use of parenting
If it’s only for a while
And Smile smile smile

Original words by George Powell (out of copyright) Music by his brother Felix Powell

For scanning: Make the word Bank short and hard on the first available note and ignore the second note available in the usual melody.
If you have any trouble with it, I can send a recording.

4 Likes

This will make a great addition to the pack. Thanks Jenny :xr: :musical_score: :musical_note:

2 Likes

Hey @extinction1234567 @JaneM @bethal @Jean_Lestrange @Mad_Mattho @the-river-jordan @jess @kate_s
I’ve just added some new, harder-hitting, slogans to the gas campaign pack. They reflect the current political situation, such as NCCC recommendations, Angus Taylor’s proposed amendments to CEFC legislation, gas myths about job-creation and links to climate and ecological emergency. Feel free to use them in coming actions:

GAS LED RECOVERY = CLIMATE COLLAPSE :skull_and_crossbones:

FUND RENEWABLES, NOT GAS :wind_chime: :sun_behind_small_cloud:

GAS-FIRED RECOVERY WILL SIZZLE US ALL :fire: :exploding_head:

GAS-FIRED RECOVERY = DEATH :skull: :skull:

GAS IS COOKING OUR MOTHER EARTH :fire: :earth_africa:

GAS: LOW IN JOBS, HIGH IN CO2 :tornado: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

MORRISON’S CASH SPLASH FOR GAS :moneybag: :bank:

GAS = LOSS-MAKING VENTURE :money_with_wings: :sob:

PUBLIC $$ FOR CLEAN ENERGY NOT GAS :earth_asia: :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking too about something around the “price of gas”, linking the language of household energy costs to climate crisis. Might need a visual to complete it though. "What’s the real price of gas? Counting the cost of gas, etc…

Could also do some crude visual humour around digestive gas, relief for gas pains…

Half formed ideas.

1 Like

Ideally I think we need to stick as closely as possible to XR core messaging: BUSINESS AS USUAL EQUALS DEATH is a handy stand-by.

GAS-FIRED ‘RECOVERY’ EQUALS DEATH or …EQUALS GENOCIDE could work. Or …EQUALS CLIMATE COLLAPSE.

Have you already got COOKING WITH GAS (with a picture of burning Earth)?

I think the mother one is better just as GAS IS COOKING OUR MOTHER (with pic) rather than putting ‘Earth’ in the text. I think @Jess has a stencil poster design for that?

Maybe WHAT PRICE GAS? could go with a burning earth pic too. Or GAS COSTS THE EARTH?

Is anyone in contact with Goulburn XR? It would be handy to know how they made their most excellent pale blue and red (gas flame?) costumes.

1 Like

Good thinking the J’s. I will incorporate these ideas into the pack.

Hi @ruthgr
there is some interest in the costumes used in the Goulburn action outside Angus Taylor’s office. Is there any chance of getting a ‘how-to’ guide for these costumes? I could add it to the Campaign Pack on Gas. Thank you for any help :green_heart:

Hi all,

Here is the first draft of the Murray-Darling Basin campaign pack.

I would love some feedback or ideas if anyone has a chance to look at it. In particularly I’m looking for ideas for slogans & hashtags.

It’s still missing artwork at the moment, but if anyone has any relevant pictures or anything please feel free to send them to me at benmurd@gmail.com

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Ben

1 Like

This is great, will certainly add it in! Thanks you @JennyFitz :green_heart:

Hi Rosaria, the social distancing dresses were made by XR Wingecaribee people. @anthea is a good contact in that group and can put you in contact with the designer.

1 Like

Hi @rosariarebel, Annmaree in Wingecarribee XR has the design for these and is very happy for them to be shared far and wide. She says they’re very easy to make.
She’s asked that you email her on annamareedalziel@gmail.com
We’re now calling ourselves the Sybil Disobedients after Michael Leunig’s beautiful recent cartoon :slight_smile:
<3 Anthea

1 Like

Hey rebels,
@Brooke_Thompson has just shared some posters made by Simon in Bondi. These are for sending to the print-shop, or printing fliers at home if you have a colour printer.
What do you think about adding these to the Gas-Pack? @kate_s @costasmaniatis @jess @jogarthwaite @bethal
:fire: :skull: :earth_asia: :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

Here’s something to do in response to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Scomo’s death-led :skull: ‘recovery’ plan

5 Likes

Hey rebels seeking actions,
The Murray Darling Campaign Pack is now finalised and is good enough for now and safe enough to try. Thanks to @benmurd for taking charge of this pack. :raised_hands:t4: :tada:

Thanks also to @kate_s and @jess for their beautiful work on the document template and these awesome new images and stencils for posters. :fist:t4: :green_heart:

Although the Murray Darling river system is fundamental to our indigenous cultural heritage, ecological wellbeing, our food production and the economy, it has been plagued by water theft, misuse and other forms of corruption. Our research found that the major issues can be traced back to conservative politician’s decisions and mishandling. Now, there’s a surprise!
Have fun with this pack, rebels!

4 Likes

Hey rebels :mega: :hourglass:
The BadBanks :bank: :poop: Campaign Pack is now finalised and is good enough for now and safe enough to try.

Thanks to @jogarthwaite for taking a lead role in this pack, including this fantastic new image. :raised_hands:t4: :tada:

Thanks also to XRVicArts’ @kate_s and @jess for their beautiful work on the document template and arty images and stencils for posters. :fist:t4: :green_heart:

In their comms, the big four Bad Banks (ANZ, NAB, CommBank, Westpac) like to state their commitment to ‘sustainability’ while lending money to fossil fuel projects. Their actions alone will increase our emissions :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: and make it difficult for Australia to meet its Paris Agreement commitments.

To make matters worse, in late September, Josh Frydenberg announced he would dump the ‘responsible lending standards’ laws, restoring the banks’ capacity to misbehave. As if we needed yet another reason to make him a target for rebel action :face_vomiting:

Here’s the pack. Have fun with it :raised_hands:t4: :tada: :fire:

4 Likes

@Anthea knows about this.

1 Like

This BAD BANKS poster is so good I’m keen to do a version of it.
Does anyone have some slogans for the Budget? I suppose it ties in with Rosaria’s MISSING, A GREEN LED RECOVERY
In some training last week ‘thoughts and prayers aren’t enough’ was mentioned.
I’m not great at words but thought that it would be good followed up with ACT NOW. What do you reckon?

4 Likes

Hey Brook,
Thanks for the positive feedback for @jogarthwaite.

In terms of a budget response, what about riffing on ‘Business as usual = Death’, eg ‘Funding business as usual = Death’? This goes to the funding & tax breaks for big business.
The lack of focus on the CEE means we could use messages such as 'Extinction is forever’ together with ‘Join Extinction Rebellion
Good wishes for your coming actions.
:green_heart: :fist:t4: