💚 Campaign Packs: Arts, Messaging and Actions Resources

Rosaria, that link leads to a page which requires the person to have access. Perhaps to make it easier for people to collaborate you should make that document viewable by anyone.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
thanks for your patience while Im learning on the job about google docs. Check out the list of themes and issues for campaigns/actions. You can now comment.

:butterfly: :fist: :biking_woman:

1 Like

UK are doing a major Tell the Truth campaign and looks like US and Australia will be coordinating with them.

Here’s the campaign pack:

3 Likes

Hi Jane, yeah, I saw this. Its amazing :star_struck: :rainbow:: a very detailed strategy with many parts, including meeting with news editors, journalists and specific social media elements.

We all know the HUGE :scream: influence the media has, so this is a really worthwhile project. And really doable in lockdown :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

With a bit of work, this can be adapted to our own traditional media, including key newspapers, television and radio.

Who’s keen to collaborate with me to work this up? :green_heart: :fist:

1 Like

I am for sure!

1 Like

Great. Let’s talk. Anyone else is welcome too :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hey @JaneM and anyone interested in the Tell the Truth Campaign. I did a short analysis of TTT.

I wanted to work out what we would need to do to adapt the campaign to our local and pandemic context.

I wanted to see how feasible it would be currently (in terms of time and people resources and restrictions), and how it might be possible to share the tasks of the campaign.

In my view, it is feasible right now, even in our beloved but shut-down Victoria.

This campaign is fantastic, with something for everyone: planners, researchers, writers, spruikers, artists, movers & shakers! (as per doc in Jane’s post).

Have a look at my summary analysis:

:green_heart: :fist: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hi @RosariaRebel
This is a great document.
Just one suggestion. It’s worth mentioning that we have done some TTT actions in Australia. We targeted the Melbourne Murdoch offices in early 2019 with banners etc outside and sent a reading pack to key editors and journalists consisting of some info about XR, ‘Don’t mention the emergency?’ ‘Disaster Alley’ and ‘What Lies Beneath’.

An immediate effect was that the Australian was the first newspaper to mention XR in Aus. There have been quite a few visits since and some friendly contact from journalist insiders.

There has also been a number of actions in other states including a ‘bullshit’ action - involving manure - in Brisbane and lock-on blockade of the Murdoch print works in Brisbane.

It is certainly possible to do small TTT actions with less resourcing and preparation than this, but this is an inspiring outline of how to do it well.

3 Likes

Hi Jane,
thanks for this info. I only knew of the big Murdoch action we were about to do in March on the day that we began our first lockdown in Vic, which lies in wait for when we can move. :butterfly:

Some nice simple gas messaging from a great action at the Santos office in Adelaide. Occupied for 5 hours with no arrests!. Good coverage on local news.

And some good news on batteries, the Liddell coal-fires power station … and gas!

3 Likes

Some interesting info on the gas lobby in the US and their interventions in the US election. Also TTT lawsuits in the US and Europe. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-gas-climatechange-insight/in-the-run-up-to-u-s-election-drilling-lobby-promotes-natural-gas-as-clean-idUSKCN25E1DB?il=0

And there’s a CANA webinar on stopping gas that looks interesting.

Morrison’s Cash Splash for Gas

Morrison is out and proud about his support for the gas industry and there are strong indicators that public money will be allocated in the October budget to expand and entrench gas for decades to come.

Join us to find out more about the scale of the threat, why it’s a rotten idea and how we can best stop this climate wrecking spending juggernaut in its tracks.

Speakers:

• Bruce Robertson, IEEFA
  • Mark Ogge, The Australia Institute
  • Fiona Ivits, Climate Media Centre
  • Naomi Hogan, Lock the Gate

Facilitator:

• Georgia Miller, The Sunrise Project

Join via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/6486173456 a few minutes early.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I am helping out with the Big 4 Banks Campaign pack. Through the messages I am trying to get across that am easy way to stand up to the planet is to reinvest money in banks that care for the environment. Some slogans I have begun to put together are:

IS YOUR BANK FUNDING THE CLIMATE CRISIS?
ARE YOUR INVESTMENTS FOSSIL FUEL FREE?
DIRTY MONEY DESTROYS
DESTROY DIRTY MONEY
THE BIG 4 INVEST IN CLIMATE CHAOS
INVEST ETHICALLY
DOES YOUR BANK CARE FOR OUR PLANET?
#INVESTINYOURFUTURE
#DIRTYMONEY
#BADBANKS

I’d really appreciate any feedback and ideas for slogans and hashtags

@RosariaRebel is also putting together material for this topic

Thanks in advance :butterfly: :herb: :honeybee:

4 Likes

Hi Jo, first off, thanks for all your work on this campaign :bomb:
I prefer short slogans that make a clear, strong statement. So I would turn the questions into statements.
As this campaign is about the big 4 banks, I like ‘bad banks’ or ‘big4 bad banks’ together with their logos.
I also think its worth naming them, eg: NAB-COMM-ANZ-WESTPAC FUND FOSSIL FUELS
Slogans like ‘dirty money’ are ok providing they are linked with the banks, so should have the logos tied somehow.
:green_heart: :fist:t4:

2 Likes

Ok great thanks for this. I think I got the wrong end of the stick as I thought we weren’t naming the specifics! I like your thinking :butterfly:

2 Likes

@RosariaRebel

What do you think of these as alternatives?
ANZ/ COMM/ WESTPAC/ NAB FUND THE CLIMATE CRISIS
STOP BANKS INVESTING IN FOSSIL FUELS
BANKS INVESTING IN FOSSIL FUELS = DIRTY MONEY
THE BIG 4 BANKS ARE BAD
#INVESTINYOURFUTURE
#DIRTYMONEY
#BADBANKS
#BIG4BADBANKS

The reason I have chosen #INVESTINYOURFUTURE & #DIRTYMONEY is purely because they have lots of followers on instagram and I thought it might help get the message out.

Would be great to have a few more slogans :money_mouth_face:

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Back to gas. Doesn’t look like the rest of the climate movement will be talking about the climate emergency so it’s up to us! Some great resources here from Sunrise but unfortunately with advice not to talk about climate. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

With amending legislation introduced today (26 August) to give the Clean Energy Finance Corporation the power to underwrite gas fired power stations, it’s clear Morrison is serious about public funding for the gas industry. Analysis by The Australia Institute here.

And here’s an update on Chief Scientist Finkel’s support for gas and a rebuke by 25 scientists.

It looks as though some funding for gas may be included in the federal budget on October 6 so that’s a date to keep in mind for actions or postering.

2 Likes

A small ‘Tell the Truth’ action in downtown Brunswick: a homemade flier about how news about the climate crisis and climate change is MIA:

6 Likes

These are really great Rosaria. I hope we get some new recruitment from these. Such an awesome idea. Thank you :herb: :honeybee:

3 Likes

Big 4 Bad Bank Campaign Pack

Jo’s XR Stencil Ideas

Hey Everyone,

The link above will take you to the BIG 4 BAD BANKS Campaign Pack that @RosariaRebel and I have been working on.

If you have a moment to take a look and would like to make any suggestions for improvements that would be fantastic. Please note it is not quite finished as we need some more art work, it is with the arts team now.

If you do have any posters that are themed around Banks investing in Fossil Fuels please feel free to email them to me at joannagarthwaite@protonmail.com

I have also created a couple of stencil ideas for use around this topic. Would appreciate any feed back for these as well.

I look forward to hearing what you think and welcome all feedback

Big love and stay safe

Jo :herb:

3 Likes

Are you able to share the source files for these fliers?

1 Like