Use stencils for rolling out a pile of beautiful posters, spray-chalking or painting messages onto walls and footpaths, or reverse-graffiti-ing the Extinction symbol everywhere…
- How to cut a stencil - video from Aus rebels (and PDF tutorial here)
- How to paint stencil posters - video from Aus rebels
- How to paste up posters
- Logo stencil
- XR Stencil designs (folder of stencils of images & words)
- Stencil version of XR font (download & install)
- How to make & use a big bike stencil (e.g for adding guerilla bike lanes)
- Another video of stencil cutting & painting from XR UK Print Workshop / Paris 68 Redux
Cut your stencil from medium weight cardstock, old x-rays, vinyl, Yupo stencil paper from the art shop, or whatever you have lying around. You can sometimes get free offcuts of laminating plastic from Officeworks (ask at the print & copy desk or check the recycling bins).
Post a reply here, or check out the Paint the Streets category here on the Base for heaps of stencilling inspiration and discussion.
Got something to add? This post is an editable wiki - click the Edit icon below right to add/edit. Or post it in a reply below