🌈 Paint the Streets: Ideas, inspiration & documentation

Just wanted to say, here in Sydney there’s a group of rebels really upset by the NCCC’s propossal of a gas and fracking led economic recovery. We’ll be doing actions around this topic but I also did a poster design (designed for stencilling!!!) that speaks to the horror of increasing our gas reliance. If other states want to take up this message it would be great to go national!

9 Likes

Mitre 10 has packs of four colours of spray chalk - pink, blue, yellow and white. $39.
They don’t last long, but they make good stencils.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Learning the lessons of stencil-cutting, postermaking and pasting and heading out with your crew. And, who said we disappeared?

4 Likes

A warning to all Rebels, this is potentially what happens when you publicly advertise your paint the streets event.
Westside was told in no uncertain terms that they were watching us, and know what we are up to, no charges were laid.
In future all such events will be carried out in a purely clandestine manner, with small cells of only two or three moving around together.
At least we now know they are watching us.
We value reflecting and learning.

7 Likes

Video about how to make glue and paste up a poster

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Sydney Community Working Group is trying to get the word out that every action is a chance to recruit new rebels. To that end, I made up a little stencil with the website and am adding to about 20% of my posters. If I do a mass post up, at least 1-2 will have a URL people can follow!

10 Likes

John did some more work on this fence. Just great! More fences needed.

2 Likes

XR Nillumbik are getting into their stride with chalk stencils

3 Likes

A poster from France:
Heading reads:

Will We Just Watch?

SPEAK THE EMERGENCY!

3 Likes

Some more ideas from the UK.

https://doc-08-6s-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/6dijtbo2nppgq9ssda0i0n2o3d6kuc0m/hs67rmc2tefcoi1d9kas097nlbrd5998/1591398150000/07045333206764194366/11490052816504338324Z/1ccvARJANkWrsmwdIt7ISbKIi9Pt9-xC7?e=download&nonce=jd1im09oa1nca&user=11490052816504338324Z&hash=jujf32ksrqvcdbo5muabndde2k21fh1k

3 Likes

Some more posters up in Peteram (sydney). I happen to know the poster was inspired by those Uk ones posted above.

5 Likes

In Fitzroyand Northcote Victoria

8 Likes

These look life really effective posters, especially the big black and white ones! Great work

2 Likes

Here are the files for the black and white banner posters - and lots of others.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bV02SrPsWDpzN9myyGI6YVgMgRTG5UgB?usp=sharing

3 Likes

XR Print Workshop (UK) have made a how-to for their No Going Back posters - breaking chains and β€œX or Y” - e.g. Soil or Oil / People or Profit / Health or Wealth etc… so many options, very adaptable to local messaging.

Here it is

Detailed instructions for both screen printing & stencilling, with some hand-painting. Includes links to artwork files for download.

:chains: :heart: :heavy_plus_sign: :o: :exclamation::chains:

4 Likes

@Jean_Lestrange the eagle has landed

4 Likes