🌈 Paint the Streets: Ideas, inspiration & documentation

C’est incroyable.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Jean_Lestrange!! :smiley:

Some inspiration from BUGA-UP in days gone by and the Commons Social Change Library:

During physical distancing those seeking to ensure truth in advertising and brand correction can still do so through the addition, deletion and alteration of text and images via stickers, posters and other means.

Back in the 1980s and 1990s Billboard Utilising Graffitists Against Unhealthy Promotions (BUGA-UP) revised hundreds of misleading advertisements around Australia. Their work played a major role in forcing health issues related to tobacco and alcohol onto the public agenda, changing the narrative around sports sponsorship and the image of drug dealing companies in the process.

In more recent times activists seeking to highlight the role of major banks in accelerating climate change have used similar tactics. In mid-2019 the Commonwealth Bank became the first major Australian bank to signal it would pull out of thermal coal production, although not fully until 2030 and until Australia has a β€œsecure energy platform.” These Coal Bank images appeared on various Facebook pages during 2017 and 2018.

6 Likes

Sydney Road sightings yesterday

3 Likes

I’m going to raise some money to get 200 posters up with the help of Rick Posters. What do you think of these designs? Got any other suggestions?

6 Likes

from @brad333 on his morning walk - bloody legend

7 Likes

Apologies! I can’t find that document gone with all the links in it. Could someone please add this link to it and these examples - or some others? https://extinctionrebellion.fr/vizgen/#/presets/quote
It’s a really great poster generator.
You can make posters like these in about five minutes each!

5 Likes

Link is in :+1:
I don’t have time to fiddle with images today, will add soon…

7 Likes

5 Likes

Nice to see this ANZAC day offering still standing.

3 Likes

Sightings

7 Likes

We have an artist who has offered to paint some murals for us, but we need some fences and buildings to put them on. Can you suggest a location? Or a design?

1 Like

Oh great, thanks Kate

John?

Yes John Lawry. John Lawry Greta and fires John Lawy Angel

2 Likes

Is anyone interested in working on some quotes? Could be for fences, billboards or posters.

Here’s a video what I made about how to make posters:

5 Likes

Lobby out!
Bees in!
:honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

7 Likes