Requests for Climate Justice input

(Open to feedback as to if I am using the Base correctly here - creating a channel to post requests for interview / other input that come in through the central mailbox.)

1 Like

Crosspost with Mattermost:

Hi folks - sharing a request for interview subjects for university research on “the intersection of environmental psychology, climate justice, and First Nations sovereignty/solidarity.” Responses to elise.bryant@live.vu.edu.au

Hope you’re all well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I reckon this is a great use of the AuBase @AdamR

A friend just put me onto the book SandTalk by Tyson Yunkaporta

Tyson Yunkaporta is an academic, an arts critic, and a researcher who is a member of the Apalech Clan in far north Queensland. He carves traditional tools and weapons and also works as a senior lecturer in Indigenous Knowledges at Deakin University in Melbourne. He lives in Melbourne.
Tyson Yunkaporta looks at global systems from an Indigenous perspective. He asks how contemporary life diverges from the pattern of creation. How does this affect us? How can we do things differently?

From the book Publishers

Sand Talk provides a template for living. It’s about how lines and symbols and shapes can help us make sense of the world. It’s about how we learn and how we remember. It’s about talking to everybody and listening carefully. It’s about finding different ways to look at things.
Most of all it’s about Indigenous thinking, and how it can save the world.

Tyson Yunkaporta writes for the Guardian as well

And lots on Aunty ABC - I recall hearing this one a year ago Sun 1 Sep 2019

1 Like