🌈 Paint the Streets: Ideas, inspiration & documentation

A mix of hand-drawn chalk messaging with stencils.
Our Moreland Rebels got down and got chalking! :pencil2: :mega: :raised_hands:t4:

120943772_700981007174588_1466403444068346533_o

2 Likes

4 Likes

Looks great Rosarie! Do you mind if I post these images to Twitter? XR Boston & XR Oakland are both following Join The DOTS: Democracy On The Streets and I am sure they would love to see what’s going on in Melbourne under lockdown. Cheers, Dan
https://twitter.com/DemOnTheStreets

1 Like

Of course Dan. Go ahead. :butterfly:

On ya Rosarie x

Hey there. I had a catastrophic computer collapse and I have lost all of my book marks. Where is the page where we can upload PDF artwork for Paint the Streets?

Is it linked somewhere on the Paint the Streets guide?
Or in the Art and Messaging for Autumn Rebellion?
Or the Campaign Packs.

Sorry those two topics are in an experimental open category for the next little while so that they can be shared publicly.

1 Like

https://cloud.ausrebellion.earth/index.php/s/Wgb8NXTxM3o6oba

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1TDf0k77qx3AyqVKP9kP58srhYBXtFJhj

Sorry for the double up

Continuing the discussion from :rainbow: Paint the Streets: Ideas, inspiration & documentation:

Make you very own A frame to support your next street stall action, for a material list and how to message me directly

Service station loction for a quick paste up

1 Like

Thanks Costas! Love ya work and your aubergine.

1 Like

Thanks Costas.

BTW Here is my latest project. Finished the top part and still have quite a lot of the bottom to go.

1.4m wide x 1.8m high (therefore on two sheets).

1 Like

Love you work

When are you going to make the move south?

1 Like

Sometime.

2 Likes

Soon …its going to be a blast

Hey everyone,
It’s hard to believe the β€˜End Black Friday’ (EBF) action happened on November 27 last year… that’s three months ago!! And there’s been a LOT of water under the XR bridge since then. And so many more exciting actions are in the pipeline. But, in the name of documentation, I really want to share these beautiful photos from EBF. I also want to do a shout out to the amazing XR Moreland (VIC) crew and all the incredible rebels who supported the action from all over Melbourne, especially the XRVicarts rebels @jess and @kate_s, who went above and beyond.

3A8C4C85-F4D7-4EB7-9CFC-3BCD6B1DA77B 20201127001505628520 20201127001505628548
:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

5 Likes

God, how many months has this project been on the back burner? Nothing like a pandemic and lock downs to kill your motivation. Anyway, this time the lockdown motivated me to get some old projects finished… like this one. Five months after the top part was done I have finally finished cutting the lower part of the stencil. If we manage to have a Spring Rebellion I’ll be putting some of these up around the Inner West. Might send a few down to you Costas. 1.4m wide x 1.8m high

4 Likes

Love it! I want one for an alleyway near the Adani, Origin, Arrow and Santos offices here in Brisbane. Did you literally make the sun as a Lino cut?

It was cut from vinyl rather than cut from lino.

I will try to send some to Melbourne and Brisbane as soon as I can get some more paint (damn you lockdown).

2 Likes

Anyone interested in making some stencils, posters, or stickers for duty of care actions in September and October?

4 Likes