About the ☝️ Base Feedback & Support category

Feeling lost? Have ideas for improvement? The Forum Feedback category is for users to ask for support, and to discuss the structure, moderation and use of this forum. This is the Base category where we talk about the Base.

Hi, I’m trying to establish an indexable and structured document management repository for XR-Macedon Ranges (see my qualifications - https://base.ausrebellion.earth/u/Bill; Curriculum Vitae) where up-to-date/necessary/useful information can be quickly located with a minimum of effort. I presume that base.ausrebellion.earth is the appropriate tool, however I can find no user documentation on its capabilities or how to use them, nor is it even clear what application is being used to support this environment.

At he outset I need:

• A ‘private’ folder visible only to members of XR-Macedon Ranges (so as not to confuse everyone else with what will be a work in progress)
  • The ability to create a hierarchically organized ‘table of contents’ (e.g., typical folder tree) of several levels. What I can see in Base only provides XR-Vic, XR-MR, and a single level of ‘topics’ within XR-MR - with no hint as to how these could be further subdivided. I gather that Google Drive is the ultimate repository (which is probably a good choice for robustness, scalability and capabilities). Is Base a Google Docs application?
  • The ability to create a reasonable taxonomy of easily searchable tags. The ones provided are generally not appropriate.

I would be happy to meet face-to-face to help get my brain around XR’s technology environment- but do I understand that you are now working from Paris? I can do Zoom, but as yet I am still far from proficient with it.

Also, once I’m reasonably happy that we have a genuinely functional repository structure, I’d be happy to see it shared with the rest of XR.

Thanks.

1 Like