XR Manningham / Nillumbik Stall at Eltham Farmers Market

I have met up with Chris who is the Mgr of Eltham Farmers mkrt which runs evey sunday morning and put a proposal to him for XR to have a stall, which he says will run past the FM committee and let me know if it’s a go. Does XR have a Marque for such things? We would need some kind of shelter. This would be a great way for our new Manningham group to get some visibility in the community and the people who go to the Farmers Market would be a good target audience.

Hi. I am a member of Nillumbik XR and we would be interested in working with you, I have my own personal Marquee that we could use, but it doesn’t have sides. Feel free to call me on 0418 102 483 to discuss.

Alan Cuthbertson

Terrific - thanks Alan, and I know your face well from the Autumn Rebellion and pics of you as captain in the boat :grin:
I do hope that he comes back with a yes from the committee. He said to me towards the end of the conversation some what condescendingly but sweetly, you can rebel, just as long as you do it quietly! I will save your number and will be in touch as soon as I hear something back from him. And the marque would not need sides, just some over head shelter in case it rains would be all thats needed.
Renaee

Will wait to hear from you…

He has got back to me just now and asked if I have a date in mind to start - so sounds promising. I said Sunday 25th April would be good.

Hi Renaee. Great. I have spoken to some of the Nilumbik rebels and they are keen. Would you like to join us at our next Zoom meeting on Wednesday 21st at 7:00 to sort out details? Alternatively (or as well) you can call me on 0418 102 483 to discuss sooner.

Yes that would be good, can join you on Wed night, and I will call you tomorrow too. I have got another couple of XR calls lined up for tonight. will send a message through signal first.

hi again Alan,

We are go for the market! Not for April 25th as that is Anzac day and he said will be best to start the week after on May 2nd. I thought I would post here just in case anyone else was following.

I can still tune in to your zoom meeting on the 21st to meet the others who are keen to help and to discuss what we will need. I am also meeting Val in at the Arts studio in FitzroyNth on the 21st during the day, so may be able to pick some things up from there.

cheers,
Renaee.

Hi Renaee,

Meeting details are:

Summary XR Nillumbik 21 April 2021
Description Melissa Stobbart is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: XR Nillumbik 21 April 2021 Time: Apr 21, 2021 07:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3824534525?pwd=MnVKeW01VmZIYTVkeS9XMEI0cE0yUT09 Meeting ID: 382 453 4525 Passcode: 6s9qJs
When Apr 21, 2021 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (Z)
Location https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3824534525?pwd=6s9qJs
1 Like