Pledge page technical requirements brainstorming

Peter,

This is beautiful. I love the idea of a temporal landmark.

Meeting information is:
Topic: (VC) Pledge

Time: Jun 1, 2020 07:30 PM Pacific/Guam

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 826 0903 8930

Password: 170720

One tap mobile

+12532158782,82609038930#,1#,170720# US (Tacoma)

+13017158592,82609038930#,1#,170720# US (Germantown)

Hi everyone, I had contact with the UK organisers of a group called Rebellion Weavers, who are in the process of making/launching a pledge, but are waiting for more definite times in regards to covid status to launch it, they pointed me to this form they are using on Action Network to gather info from people in a way that is “softer” than a full on pledge, for now.

https://actionnetwork.org/forms/nogoingback/

There are a lot of benefits to using AN, as it would make the job of cimmunicating with Pledgees simpler for teams already using AN for emails such as newsletters… I will ask them how they are delaing with the issues of using AN for communications that could potentially ask Rebels to break the law, and hence violate the AN user agreement… Will keep you posted.
The UK group is using pledging for arrestable actions with Action Network in this post too…

or this one wher ethey clearly discuss hurdreds of activists going to prison

Heya, you have an email with the a Wordpress person to make it pretty. :slight_smile:

Sweet, there is change on the horizon, an installation of “REBELS MANAGER” incorporating a mailtrain instance as well!!!

Here is a link to a demo and some screenshots.

Timeframe may be very soon as there are talented people working on it, this is great news.

1 Like

Unfortunately haven’t had any response on this at all. :frowning:

Yes, people are trying to get it rolling both locally and internationally.

Was just poking through the code repositories on GitLab and found one called Action Man by XR Finland. The repository description reads:

Enroll for actions under the condition that the number of participants reaches a certain threshold

It appears to have started development about a month ago. When I get some time I will pull down the code and give it a look. If it looks good then will check in with the developer. The person making commits appears to be on the XR Global Mattermost.

1 Like

FYI this is deployed, just need a local group willing to let me migrate their data onto it as part of a pre-release trial.